Thursday, August 05, 2010

Minerva Coffee Shop @ Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills

Well, mood came in to write some thing and here you go....

Last weekend while driving from city during dinner time, family is discussing on what kind of food to have and where to go. Obviously when we are four sitting in car, four choices pop up and nothing will be decided immediately. Typical family drama. Just after crossing Jubilee hills check post, I did see median hoardings about this new joint Minerva Coffee Shop saying "We are open at Road no. 36". My son also immediately got attention of the Brahmin caricature on the hoardings. He like it too.. :-) Immediately I proposed and we took a U turn in the next available median. I visited the same chain couple of times in Ameerpet and my expectations are quite positive.

It seems like a home is converted in to restaurant and only 4 car slots are available in front of that "home". Valet parking is available and those guys are pretty active and available in huge numbers and there is a coordinator to take care of the rush. We already saw some people waiting outside for seating and have been thinking about decision we made. One point is Sunday evening most family outing for everybody and another reason I could feel was due to Friendship day. Took a chance and inquired about waiting time and he asked my name and replied saying "you are just 4th person in queue"

I had put my grinned face one more time and asked him again, How much time it will take irrespective of my token number? he replied 15-20 minutes. There is a open area with chairs and we sat along with other folks. As usual more than 50% of the crowd are hanging with their mobile phones and what they speak on phone and their facial expressions and their presence is totally out of sync. A waiter brought a try full of glasses filled with cold water. A good gesture for waiting customers. Liked it there.

After 15 min or so, we got a call to come in. So called Minerva coffee shop-house-converted-restaurant was neatly decorated but all tables are scattered across different rooms. I would say 2-3 tables in each room based on room size. Here also I do see lot of staff to cater. Pretty agile and quick in service even during that peak hours.

For the sake of kids choice, we went for some chinese option, hot and sour soup, some soft noodles, schezwan noodles and manchuria. Manchuria is fine but schezwan noodles are as crappy as at max I can think off. Chilli sauce is mixed with regular soft noodles. The soup is very diluted. At the end I recollected my oath earlier I took and disobeying it again. "Never eat Chinese food in south Indian Restaurants". I swear again, do not do it again. Kids might have enjoyed the dinner because food was their choice but we did not like it.

Over All

Service 8/10
Food 5/10
Ambiance 8/10
Will I go again - No

No comments: