Monday, November 09, 2009

BSNL బాధలు

I am having BSNL broadband issues and I am jotting down my interaction with them in this blog now onwards.

7-NOV-09
Lot of noise in the line and attenuation is very high. Unless I switch on phone too, I can't connect to broadband. This method also depends on luck. Only 20% choice. I raised a complaint with BSNL 1500 Swagatam services on 7th November 2009. Complaint no. 11060618639
10-NOV-09 4:30 p.m.
Called up to follow. Fortunately the customer rep is far better than expected standard from BSNL. He queried "No body turned up since 7th?" "Not even called you?". Then I made sure that I called them for followup and he should log the same against incident. He assured and somebody will attend on tomorrow. Fingers crossed again.
12-NOV-09 9:30 p.m.
Called again after two days. Status OPEN. Exchange people responded to call complaint that they are checking the line. If I need to know more information, I need to call 197 number and find out JTO's telephone number and I should talk to him/her :-)
13-NOV-09 1:00 p.m.
BSNL technical person Mr. Raghunandan from Gachibowli (who in fact installed my set while took the Broad band connection) called up. Again same story started to explain and he started asking me to check the modem lights, modem settings etc. Finally I was able to explain that it is the issue with disturbance and SNR value is very low and Attenuation is very high > 45 most of the time. He wanted to make sure that no port related issues or exchange related issue before sending out technician on ground to verify the physical wires at different junction boxes between exchange and home.
16-NOV-09 1:00 p.m.
Obviously some coordination required when a person is planning to visit home. This ground technician Sattiah called and tried to tell us that he came and no body at home. Typical first excuse that they already made an effort. I fixed an appointment at 2:30 p.m on 16th Nov 2009. I called him at 2:25 p.m. and said that I am at home(drove from office for this purpose). No turn of this person till 3:30 p.m. and when I called and the answer is "I will be there in 10 minutes". I had change my voice and give him some lecture about my work /boss and his work/boss are same as far as office is concerned. He promptly came in 10 minutes. Now he was asked to check line has disturbance or not. He says, telephone is working. It is tough to explain this guy about broadband, ADSL, SNR and attenuation because he is not familiar with this. Only point he made is, lights are glowing so it should work. I called Raghunandan to explain, and he pointed to Sattiah that disturbance should not be there. He verified wall level wires etc and found out the initial point and did some cuts and joins again. Asked me to verify and definitely I could hear no change in the dolby digital noise from the line. He will be checking various lines from home to exchange in reverse order.
17-NOV-09 12:30 p.m.
Since last night i.e. 16th Nov 2009, Internet connection at Home is gone. Earlier I had 10% chances and now it is totally gone. The green light on modem which indicates "Internet" is gone. Unfortunately, the technician who came and verified the ports at home at two different places, the caps (crabtree switches) are gone and they are loosely fitted to just hold on. I was there but not sure when he just pressed forcefully. Pathetic feeling to get after seeing them damaged. Coming back to connection issue, today morning I called the same technician to find out the status and he identified there is a port issue and today they are going to replace the port. Keeping fingers crossed again.
18-NOV-09 12:44 p.m.
Both broadband and phone lines are dead since 17-NOV-09 afternoon. Reason, some digging at Gachibowli Y junction for flyover and whole network on Gachibowli side is gone. As usual, can't contact or no body lifts the phone if you call Gachibowli exchange. Raised a complaint for dead phone 11075537682
19-NOV-09 4:21 p.m.
Today morning by the time I woke up, telephone lines are restored and land line is working and was able to connect to internet but it was slow process and noise is still there.
20-NOV-09 11:40 a.m.
Called up Mr. Raghunandan. They are still busy with Gachibowli Y junction dug up. He promised he will verify the disturbance issue.
22-NOV-09 9:00 p.m
Called up customer service desk again as I could not connect at all. The probability of getting connected dropped from 5% to 1% or zero percent. I ask the CR to enter that I am filing a case in consumer court and he tried to evade the conversation and promised that he will escalate. I made sure that his team lead came in to call to discuss as this fellow does not want to enter additional comments. To my surprise, team leader says, that their customer support system will not allow any kind of additional information or updating facility once the ticket has been risen. Isn't it weird? After couple of persuasions and serious notes, he said that he can't do anything to the ticket. I had to hung up helplessly.
23-NOV-09 Monday 10:00 a.m
Visited Gachibowli exchange to meet folks and no person is there around and only line men are there and they do not know anything about who comes when. They suggested me to call JTO.
24-NOV-09 Tuesday
I tried to reach since Monday morning till now (Tuesday) evening and and both Satyanarayana (JTO) and Raghunandam are not picking up of the phones even when I called from my home (such that they can identify by location / caller ID).
27-NOV-09 Friday 10:00 a.m.
Since morning the telephones and broadband are totally down. Will wait for half a day before rising a complaint.
01-DEC-09 Tuesday 12:05 p.m.
For the last few days, things are going smooth and was able to connect to Internet with out any trial and errors. One thing I did was kept the modem on for 24 hours after first successful connect. Hoping for the best in future and giving a break for this write up till I find another issue with BSNL. :-)))

No comments: