Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Swimming - Gachibowli stadium

It so happened that we decided to enroll kids in Gachibowli Stadium for swimming. Came to know that they will give applications on 1st April in the early morning and we were also warned that crowd will be there. I was mentally prepared for this and made kids excited about their summer fun.

Elder one is in very good mood and he asked for alarm and I set it for him. Obviously he did not getup and I woke up him when I was ready to go. By 6 a.m. sharp we were there and regular visitors are already there. The coach cum admin cum pseudo "I own this stadium" employee simply said, come at 8 a.m. for application. For all other questions, he pointed me to a wall to go and read whatever I could.

Returned home and freshened and had break fast and went again to the stadium. To my shock, at the main entrance there were numerous bikes and cars with full accelerator on and buzzing. Then I recollected the warning "crowd will be there". The moment security opened the gate, guys zipped through till the swimming pool area. It is like mad race. There it was another hurdle; the doors are locked and whole crowd is grouped there. Security folks came out and started distributed token numbers and junta attacked them. With the kids it was tough and there were some ladies who could not reach for these tokens. It is all part of the game I think. Later I understood that they will give 150 tokens and all those get tokens are assured of admission. Only catch is that you need to submit medical certificate that and identify proof. For kids, it is birth certificate to prove the age.

The whole mechanism is pretty chaos and it could be better system. There were about six to seven security guards who are blowing whistles and not doing any thing. And also need to blame on the whole crowd who are all educated and do not want to stand in a line.

I think, culture gives you some common sense and not education.

Anyways, need to go again tomorrow to submit the application

2 comments:

chalohyd said...

Sounds like circa 10BC. Did you manage to get in? Also can't they allow walk-ins on a per day basis? Love the photographs. Post more.

Sudhakar said...

@chalohyd thanks for the comments. Yes, we got in the swimming admission.

YOu can see my photography work at http://www.sudhakar.com